Wednesday 25 February 2009

Facebook Group Challenges the Yellow Pages

There was an article in 24 today about how the Yellow Pages will soon be obsolete as we know it if Facebook has its way with the directory giant.

Not only are the Yellow Pages an enormous waste of paper, trees and resources. They are also ineffective. Almost everything is sought after online now. And an enormous number end up in landfills.

There is now a Facebook Group called: The Yellow Pages must be stopped.

The creator, Jonathan Narvey, wants an opt-in subscription to the 1000 page tomes, so the majority of doesn’t go wasted unnecessarily. Good.

Immersion Creative has also taken notice. I can get anything to the top of the internet. I have been doing it with blogs so far, but in the future, I plan to do more brass tacks SEO.

I offer this to any company with a two-page full-colour spread: I will get you to #1 for half the price of your Yellow Pages ad.

Contact me at 604 537 1874 for more details.