Thursday 5 February 2009

How Long Do They Last?

It is one thing to get your name to the top of Google, and another thing to keep it there.

What's the secret? Blogs. Whatever I put up there, stays up there.

Need proof, aieya, of course you do: Here's a breakdown.

If you click on each link you can see their Google placement.

Sustainability Advertising
This has been #1 since March 6, 2005, when I first got into blogging. I started this blog for Creative Wonders, an agency with a focus of sustainability and LOHAS advertising.

Freelance English Copywriter
This has been #1 since August 28, 2006. This was my second blog. I used it to find a job in Hong Kong. Since then, it has given me thousands of dollars worth of freelance.

English copywriter
This has been #1 since June 5, 2007. I started it to own 'English copywriter' as well as just freelance, as I was working at Ogilvy at the time. Some of the spilloffs of this blog have me as the #1 source in things I could never anticipate, such as:

Ogilvy and Mather copywriter Hong Kong and Advertising and Mind Manipulation

The spill-off effects of blogs are huge. I'll get to that in another post: The Spill-off effects of blogs.

Either way, where were we? Yes, after that, I realized I had the power to get things to the top of Google. And they were staying there.

So I tried some more.

A Copywriter in Asia
This has been up since March 6, 2007.

Native English Teacher
I made this for my fiancee, Maria. It has been #1 worldwide since May 8, 2007. And this is a very competitive market.

Vancouver Transit Advertising
I made this for my friend, Jon, who works at Lamar Transit Advertising. It has been #1 since October 22, 2006.

You get the idea. They go up to the top and they stay there.

Why? Because they are real. A lot of scammers will try to sell you on the idea of a quick-fix for fast cash. There is no such thing. Blogs are hard work. But they work. And they last.